Day 206: 26th Jan, 2010 - Happy Republic Day!

Timelines here are sacrosanct. On 15th August (Independence Day), I woke up a little late, ran all the way but still reached the venue exactly a minute late (no exaggeration) and missed the flag hoisting and national anthem. I wanted to ensure no such thing happens today. So I had set up an alarm for 8.30, one complete hour before the function at 9.30. I did manage to get up on time, snoozed the alarm for another 15min and then finally got up. I just thought I will confirm the venue once before leaving.

I opened my laptop to check any mail. And here it was:

"Dear Students

Flag Hoisting and Republic Day Celebrations will begin at 9.00 am. You are all invited for the same. The venue is the area adjoing the badminton court and the students affairs centre."

9.00 am!! :O .. Wasn't it supposed to be at 9.30?!?!?!

I checked my watch. 8.55 .. mocked back the face of the watch.

So there I was, running once again at full speed. But I think this time I have more practice running to the lectures and so I did manage to reach the venue just in the nick of time. I landed at the venue at the exact same moment when our beautiful Tricolour was hoisted to flutter in glory :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment