Day 68: 27th Aug, 2009

I don't think I have mentioned this.. We are alloted permanent seating places for the whole year. But in today's eco lecture, anyone was sitting absolutely anywhere. The vantage points (which remained hidden from the prof's view) were understandably in great demand owing to their higher sleep utility. I had opened my laptop to start studying for the ITC quiz that we had later in the day. Realised that I was even able to connect to the net :D . So studies aside and back to chatting/orkutting etc.

Finally bought a nail cutter. The first time I have ever bought one. Made me suddenly wonder how a nail cutter manufacturer even makes profits. I mean.. I don't remember anyone in my family or friend circle ever buy a nail cutter. It just exists!

Was talking yesterday to a friend about how the government is thinking of incorporating 12th marks as a criteria to get into the IITs. Today I read about the Cabinet approval for increasing the number of IITs and IIMs. As my friend said, these are the things that generate so much brand value for India. Although it is essential to have more institutions that foster academic excellence, no point in going for volume at the risk of deterioration in quality. Not an area where tradeoff should be exercised.

Had the ITC quiz today. Excel on paper :-S . The test actually required us to remember excel formulae :-S . Lost the point of the course here. The best thing about the digital format is the convenience to correct things on the fly as and when you go wrong. Quite the converse on paper.

Slept off nicely in the evening. (am making this post at 4.15 in the morning :-p). Went off for another CV review. Had to also complete a writeup for the Eco project. Thanks to Shantanu and Shipra for that!

My laptop bloody is suddenly showing 4-5 random lines on the screen! Noooooooo clue where it came from suddenly!! Wasn't there even in the morning!! :( ... Will wait and see if it auto-corrects by tomorrow or something (hope it does!).. else will need to call the service people..

1 comments:

Brainseeker said...

Can completely undrstand pains of rattofying excel formulaes... scored pathetic in that :)

Post a Comment