Day 43: 2nd August, 2009

Facing the Legend

Right from the day we got our admissions to IIM L, the one thing unanimously agreed on by all the seniors was the legendary terror of facing MANAC. Well, tomorrow we have our very first set of exams here and it is going to start with - what else - MANAC.

Basically a subject about balance sheets, profit and loss statements etc etc. As remarked in all my previous posts, all my attempts at problem solving have only generated im-balance sheets. I am a little sceptical as to how important it is for us - future managers - to get into so much depth about accounting. As far as my opinion goes, most important is to know whether a transaction is an ADVANTAGE/DISADVANTAGE to the company, rather than knowing under what name and sub name it should come.

Also, all people around me seem to be studying and learning like crazy. A friend of mine in another section is super surprised by my coolness and relaxed approach. I am, in contrast, equally surprised that to see him work SO much! Anyways, to each his own. Let me see if I manage to break the jinx and bring some average performance atleast tomorrow. ATB!

0 comments:

Post a Comment