Day 64: 23rd Aug, 2009

My MOST eventful day at IIM L till date. And will definitely remain one of the most important days of my entire stay at IIM L. (No wonder the post will be long! .. but it will be nice)

Had breakfast on a Sunday morning for the first time in 2 months! Inspite of the fact that I eventually slept only at around 4am yesterday, I somehow automatically totally woke up by 8.30! And this was after I had already snoozed a couple of alarms before. Was the first time in 2 months that I was awake so early on a Sunday..!

Which meant even after breakfast I had wayyyy too much extra time for the rest of the day (which could either have stretched long or pruned short.. depending on committee selection results). Anyways, started off with something productive. Finished off coming up with part of the questions for a 1 BIO questionnaire that we need to make. Managed to meet the deadline that I myself had set yesterday (fortunately saved my own face there).

Then came the class t-shirt! Had taken it upon myself to make a t-shirt for the section. I personally thought I came up with something nice for the front side :) . Took a little bit of thinking but got implemented quickly. For the back design, thought of incorporating all names as per the seating pattern. That took a LOT of effort, considering each line in the pattern was a layer and each of them had to be adjusted in size. And then it had to be incorporated into a 'B'. And finally when I sent the designs to the class for feedback, most of them didn't get it :( .

Again, different kind of lunch occasion. It was a pizza party thrown by the Manfest team, only to convey a negative in a no hard feelings sorta way. I definitely didn't mind the free pizzas :D . Also got a sweatshirt, which is nice! Needs to be washed well though! :-p My hands got all itchy when I tried them out :-\

Took a stopover at Guptaji's on my way back, accompanied by Meshed R and Dhamdhere. Meshed suddenly expresses his desire to ride a bike and Deshpande (who is also there) throws him on his 194CC Bajaj Avenger :D. As we left Meshed to continue his practice session for another 10 min and reached my room, I couldn't find my keys! Sent Meshed back to search for the keys, meanwhile realised I had kept it inside my wallet :-p . After some rounds of abuses hurled at me, we settled down to take further our video making effort. (further from zero :p). Only thing we managed to do was catch up on a few funny animations (search castrol rajni, maakad man on youtube) and record another funny sound making conversation featuring yours truly. I personally killed some mosquitoes as well. Anyways, we also just wanted to spend some time that was left for the committee results. That was well achieved.

As a person from Aamchi Mumbai, Ganeshotsav is a big thing. Every nook and corner you go and someone or the other is blasting off the Ganesh Aarti. So many Ganesh pandals. But it was pretty low key here. Had a Ganesh Aarti in the evening.

And now for the most awaited moment. Committee results!!! Finally the time had come when all suspense would be put to rest. A lot of people assembled in CR 107. As we reached, the presi had already started announcing names in the alphabetical order of committees. Thoughts flooding the mind as he spoke out the names. Still 'A' going on.. so my result was still a suspense. And then .. "in INDEX" .. "Ashish ... Rohit " 1-2 names gone.. where am I .. "Saurabh Agarwal" .. cool!.. but am I? .. my name's announced .. yeyyy!! :D .. more committees .. "Placement committee" .. this one is the biggie .. " .. Kans*" sahi hai! game afterall! .. "Duryodhan* .. Menaka* .. " awesome! they pulled off the coup! .. Finally all names were announced. Felt bad for people who couldn't make through any. Really hard luck for quite a few of them. But then, it always happens.

And now I am INDEXed. Forever! :) We went to a place near the Medusa sculpture. Had a small intro session. Felt excited to be a part of one of the biggies on campus. It was time to party! Came to my room and quickly changed. And went to Taj ! Most committees were there, but we went into a special reserved area :p :D . A little delay since pCom was also there. Greatttt fun there. Went around chatting till 1. From there went to this place Park Inn (so many places in Lucknow.. sahi hai!) which has a 24hr cafe. Sat there again for some time. Some story sessions, random nicknames, random facts... hahahaha.. total tp all in all. Left from there at around 3am and came back to college. And there, we got INDEX t-shirts! The only ones amongst our batch to have that INDEX t-shirt. Time of my Life.

Definitely the end of a phase... And me .. Am surely on the right track to having a good time ahead. Yoohoo!

* names have been changed to protect identity :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment