Day 50: 9th Aug, 2009

Of Parties, headbanging and VOLINI !

I will never indulge in headbanging again. Never ever! I make this promise to myself after every party and break it only to badly sprain my neck the next day. And trust me, a sprain in the neck is a major pain in the backside. Every time someone calls you, you need to slowly turn your neck around to respond. Like one of those robots that you have in Korean car commercials.

Infact I was wondering what could be a possible cause of this indulgence. And this what I felt holds true. Point is insti parties – or any other party that an average collegian attends – are defined by loud music, dance and drinks (soft/hard depending on budget :p). Now ‘dance’ in such a context is a little misleading. It can at best be described as crazy hypercharged youngsters moving around flinging their limbs in directions and ways they apparently feel are coordinated. And the easiest ‘step’ in such a ‘dance’ is headbanging! (alongwith patang udaana, note barsaana and going around in circles holding each others’ shoulders.) Because of this great levelling attribute called simplicity, headbanging is unanimously embraced and practiced.

Needless to say, I ended up with a bad sprain the next day. Which brings me to the adventure with VOLINI ! I don’t know how many of you have heard of Volini... it basically is a little similar to Relispray.

Well, that is what it is supposed to be atleast. In practicality, it is nothing less than molten lava. I just sprayed a little bit of it on my neck and – oh .. my .. God ! – in a minute, there was unbelievable burning on the nape of my neck! I mean... I can’t describe it here but if I just write ‘volini’ 4-5 times on this page, the webserver may catch fire. Boy, they should put ‘A’ , ‘U/A’ etc type signs on medicines(?) now as they do in movies.

And as the title of the post says, reached 50 days at IIM L today! *raises the bat* Just the start of the innings :)

Update: I forgot to add that today we had our photo session for the official pics. Everyone dressed in business suits! Looked great!

7 comments:

Meshed said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ur funniest post yet :D

TWISTED said...

:D lol ...... I have a certain encounter with headbanging :D @ my office party ......... lol :D ...... waat lag jati hai :D ..... bladdy sprain ... its like :| 10 mins ka aanand and then :| 48 hrs ka pain :| :D

Sarin said...

Good one dude.. :)

Shreyas said...

abe naagin dance to bhool hi gaya tu... :)

figureMeOut said...

hahahahahaha

web server wala was awesome

hahahahahahahaha again ROFL

Unknown said...

hehe...Webserver may catch fire..lol!!!
peram ramakrishna reddy ka configuration settings use karega toh..it can even sustain millions of mentions of volini ;)

Suhita said...

@Subu.....rofl ...lolzzzz
@sk... i have heard of Volini :P

Post a Comment