Day 56: 15th Aug, 2009

Happy Independence Day! :)

Normally there is this notion of 'Indian Standard Time'. But Independence day and Republic day are two days on which things happen as per schedule. Even in my colony, where typically the delay is at least an hour, flag hoisting is punctual. I wanted to attend the flag hoisting function which was to be held at 9.00 am sharp. Woke up at around 8.45 somehow. But in my miscalculation of time to indulge in essential morning activities, got delayed. Left my room only at 8.59. Ran (without even bolting the door) all the way but reached there only at 9.01 :-( . Anyways, was nice to see the Indian Tricolour fluttering :-) We had some cultural programmes lined up. But just as they were to start, the rains came in full force. We initially took refuge under a temporary plastic sheet that was put up, but soon realised the sheet had more pores than a sieve. So everyone had to rush inside the indoor badminton court. The programmes resumed after a break of around 15min. There were a couple of songs, a skit and a dance. They were nice.

But the problem with getting up so early on a holiday is you have a lot of time on you. Not to say that I don't have work (I actually have lots of work) but when I get so much time, I just have to spend it doing some random tp. I really wanted to go and watch Kaminey, but no plan was falling in place. Went back to my room and worked on some Index poster. That is something I liked to do - designing some random stuff. Experimented a little, but lots more than can be done.

In the evening, suddenly made up a plan to watch Kaminey! Five of us (Deshpande, Dhamdhere, Mishra, Ghate and myself) went for it. We ditched our bikes as it was raining quite a bit. Took an auto instead for FUN cinemas. The autodriver drove at a supersonic speed of around 5-10kmph. At one point, I was afraid that time should not run so fast that our paths would be retraced :-p . Anyways, reached in time for an 8.45 evening show. Found the movie OK. But the shaky camera movements really sucked. The to and fro conversations were real fun though :D . Came back, thought of resuming some poster designing stuff. Was called for the intersection skit. Enjoyed that. Worked from 3.30-6.30 on it and finally slept at around 7am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment