Day 151: 26th Nov, 2009

Waiting . . .
Waiting . . .
Waiting . . .

This is exactly what I did for most part of the day today!

Now ... I am gifted with an incredible amount of patience, but I am not particularly fond of using it. Especially when the mistake is not mine!

So ... the day started with a visit to the Army Printing press to get some printouts for the INDEX entry tickets. Point is, I was supposed to collect half those tickets since I had to take them to the entertainment office for some stamping or something. So this fellow there was sent an email informing him about the same. But no, he didn't read the email and his man already started out on his journey to the college :-S . So there I was, WAITING at his office early in the morning, for the man to come back. And the promised 20min waiting time turned out to be a boring 45min! And NO, that one cup of watery tea did no good.

Next stop - a government office. No wonder all the officials there were bald... the place is so full of laziness that even the dead cells in your hair would not want to be pushed up above the scalp. I went up to that office and asked where I was supposed to get the permission from. First of all, no one, absolutely NO ONE, wanted to answer. Then I went to specific individuals, got diverted to a couple of other tables before finally reaching an individual who incidentally was right in front when I first asked my question in the room :-S .

Just a few permissions were what I needed after all. So now that I got the person, work should be simple right? HAHA! :-S . What happened next is reason enough for Riza to be bashed up black and blue. Apparently, one extra thing, a tiny detail, about the split up of entertainment tax, needed to be included in the ticket! And this we missed out! Bamm!

So there I was, out of the office, hunting for a person who makes stamps. As I went to new roads and areas I had no clue about (Aminabad or some similar sounding aabaad :-S ), I finally hunted down one shop doing this. And here came my second round of WAITING ! Well, atleast I had opted for the more expensive - but faster to make - stamps so that I can hurry back quickly and finish off the work soon. Or so I thought.

Part 3. I reach the office back around 1.15-1.30. Man in question missing. Out for lunch.
1.45 pm. No sign yet. he'll come back soon now.
2.00 pm. No sign yet. official hours must be over now. he'll come back soon I guess.
2.15 pm. No sign yet. why isn't he back yet?!
2.30 pm. The two officials next to him put stamps for some new people! When I asked them to do it for me, they replied saying they can't interfere with what some one else has started! why the $#^& is he not back yet?! kitna khaega?!!
2.45 pm. No sign of this person. I try to use some logical arguments to convince the neighbouring officials. They countered me with some illogical arguments. Trust me, it is damn difficult to fight those weapons. The remaining officials sat around discussing whether a bakri should be cut or not. WTF! What about me getting halaal-ed at that very moment?!
3.00 pm. I am going to shoot this man when I see him. Sudden realisation - Wait a minute, is he coming back at all?! :-O
3.15 pm. He finally comes back. Some festive lunch apparently somewhere! And he says - "aap abhi tak yahin ho? woh stamp kyun nahi lagaya abhi tak?" mujhe kya pata.. aakashvani aayi thi kya koi !!

So finally I get out of that place at close to 4'0 clock, eating a couple of bananas for lunch. And after lots and lots of WAITING.

Had a very heavy bag thanks to all the tickets. Went with that to a few local vendors and distributed our invites. Came back with a couple of hours to spare before dinner. I need rest. Have a night out in the city!

0 comments:

Post a Comment