Days 37,38: 27th-28th July, 2009

And finally it has happened. After a month of being consistent and punctual, the last 2 days finally brought out the never-to-go-to-college-on-time engineering student in me :-p . Day before yesterday, I woke up at 8.35 for an 8.30 lecture. Could have still made it to the lecture but decided to have breakfast instead and attend the second lec directly. Raised the bar a little higher today by waking up at 9.35 !! Had to RUSH so that I atleast make it to the 2nd lecture.

During engineering, I used to sleep late just wasting time browsing the net and chatting. Here I waste time:
1. copying assignments (old habits die hard :-D)
2. working on the committee tasks that we have
3. trying to remember something about the tons and tons of presentations that are lined up

Our Comm prof wants us to come in formals for the presentations. Actually to be honest I don't know if the prof ever actually said that or some bugger who ran out of casuals just floated the rumour. But either way, it just implies wasting an extra 2-3 minutes in the morning wearing a shirt and trouser and tying the laces of my formal shoes! And we had not been told in which order the groups will be called for presentations, which means formals till my turn comes. Tomorrow however being the last session, it will also be the day of my presentation. Apart from this, I have a LAM presentation, Comm assignment, Comm quiz and MANAC assignment lined up tomorrow.

One great change that has happened here is the weather. The Rain God has finally smiled on the parched lands. Thankfully, it is very pleasant here now. A perfect romantic setting. Just that I neither have a partner :-p . Nor the time :-( .

Finally all the knocking on doors by random people at odd hours and asking for votes stopped. Council elections are out. One of the first high-profile posts in the college to get decided. Hope they do a good job!

Also gave midterm reviews for 2 committee tasks today. Both were OK. The committees were more in a guiding mood than in a grilling mood :-D. And I am not complaining! But parallely, pcom interviews are taking place and they are super duper stress interviews. I have one lined up tomorrow, lets see how I do!

Anyways, it is 3.30 now. Just got to go and sleep. CANNOT afford to miss the lecture tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment