Days 32,33,34: 22nd-24th July, 2009

Yooooo!! Back to the blog after 3 whole days! Typically I make all my posts late in the night, but from the past two days, I have just dozed off involuntarily. As I definitely don't intend to score a hattrick of not updating, I am making this a little early today (11 pm :-p).

So, where have I been for the past 2 days? Even a person like me could say that things had become a little hectic. After spending two consecutive days with less than 3-4 hrs of sleep, I went off to sleep at 9.45 - 9.50 pm day before yesterday. This is indeed a record of sorts here. Nobody, and I repeat NOBODY, sleeps anywhere before 2 am here. Even that is an early to bed sort of person :-D. Life after midnight is pretty much the norm!

Actually sometimes I think I talk too much about my sleeping habits and others' sleeping habits (no pun intended). But the point is you really have to be here to realise what a rare and precious commodity sleep is in helL. Except in classrooms that is :-D.

Coming back to my quizzes. On wednesday, we had a quiz on MANAC. For engineers, the first equation you learn is that MANAC = TERROR. In a certain section of the quiz, I have no idea of how I have filled my im-balance sheets. I think I might have made a few people richer at the cost of a few others :-p. I was not able to study much for the Eco test yesterday as I slept off. But fortunately for me the test was such that studying wouldn't have made much difference on the score 'coz I couldn't make much sense of 2 out of the 5 questions there were!

Lotssssss of work piled up on the committees front. As I said earlier, we had got tasks allotted by these committees. In midst of this I also applied to placecom (placement committee) which just added one more task to my kitty. Had to go meet a senior to get clarifications on the placement process here. Boy!, I was quite blown away hearing the way it happens. It should definitely be an operations nightmare! And one thing I got for sure - that will be a very hectic period. But then, it also filled me with that kind of tense excitement that fills you are going to try out a new adventure ride :-D ... Anyways, that session took a lot of time without me even realising it. Am a little more enlightened on that front now. Came back at around 1-1.30 to my room. Started making a write up on all the new gyaan obtained. Had to submit that by the next day noon. After finishing with that at around 2.30, realised that I still had another MANAC assignment to do - half finished it yesterday... dozed off randomly... and resumed and completed it today morning.

This weekend though is going to get screwed up totally. All the committees are having their mid term reviews for the tasks set. Seniors are also done with their midterms so their idle minds are going to be devil's workshops now :) . And I seriously need to get going to show them anything at all!

Are you the kind of person who uses ENTER to go to a new page while writing an article on MS word?? and then you curse Bill Gates every time you try to change the font size or add something and the page spills over sending all the formatting for a toss!! We had a session yesterday on MS Word and Powerpoint. There are so many useful features that we as novice users have no clue about. Was a very useful session indeed. And for those who fall in the above category - one useful tip - 'page break'.

Hehe... btw, I still haven't finished :-p. I am not even going to scroll up and see how haywire this post if going but have yet to fill in 3 days of stuff. Thanks for bearing :-p .

Just as necessity is the mother of invention, boredom often inspires the creative. Eco lectures seem to bring out some creativity in my class. The creativity has been explored in different avenues - people fishing out their cell cams to take photographs of sleepy heads, people giving attendance and then sleeping flat out DURING lectures, people writing poems, people drawing etc. Yesterday, when everyone was engrossed in trying to find out what kind of Qs could be expected in the test, the guy sitting beside me suddenly pointed out two pertinent Qs in the book:
i) Why study microeconomics?
ii) Can money buy happiness?
The moment, trust me, was SO hilarious :-D . Laughed like crazy - covering our faces by handkerchiefs and hiding our face under the desks.

Today it was my day and I formulated a new theory in economics. Presenting before you:

********************************

Law of Increasing Marginal (F)utility

" The level of hope for the lecture to end keeps on increasing exponentially with passage of time."


Refer Boring Picture 3.4 (z) . At point A, near the beginning of the lecture, the thinking about the end of the lecture does not set in much. With passage of time however, the wish for the lecture to end increases exponentially (as shown by B and C).

Point D is an extreme case of the law, often associated with a total blank out of all sensory perceptions.

********************************

phew!! :-D ... and special thanks for making it till here :-D

4 comments:

Sidhdharth said...

Yo dude!!! Fun reading ur posts. Reminds me of my time there. Some more specifics on the tasks and how u r handling them in detail wud make for nice reading. not in a post maybe but a mail. keep blogging. when r ur mid terms?

Brainseeker said...

Haha.. gr8 creative output dude.. atleast u r drawing sumthing sensible.. We make nothing more than cartoons who we call "Anna" and give a coconut in their hands :)

Jay said...

writing poems....hmm ..that would have been me!!

girish kute said...

addictive.....for someone waiting for his final convert!

Post a Comment