Day 396: 18th Oct, 2010 - Why's the blog private?!

CBM paper today. A typical fin paper. One where you look at the practice examples and feel all confident that you are going to 'crack it'. And then, the tryst with reality where a minor twist in the question brings your dream down like a pack of cards :D

The paper was in the noon. I had missed my lunch as I had squeezed in the 5 minutes I had spared, to complete some formalities required for opening my demat account. So I was quite hungry after the paper and had a samosa and Amul Kool and came back to my room. But very soon, the news started pouring in from all quarters that awesome burgers were being available in the mess! Now when words of praise start coming from stark opponents of the mess, there obviously was a strong urgency to get the burger, lest it runs out. Of in spite of not being very hungry, I went to the mess. Met Chatur there, and had a mini spicmacay/music discussion. Then walked to the main gate ATM, as I wanted to test if my SBI card was working (yes!). Took a small shortcut walk around the campus, and then made my way back to the mess to take extra burgers back as parcel for Pachpan & Kisaan. The only person who didn't like the gesture seems to be Vanki; competition for his "restaurant" you see! ;-)

The saga of eating out continues! Today, on Vanki's request, we (also Pachpan + Kisaan) made our way to the no-longer-jinxed Brij-ki-rasoi. The highlight was Vanki's super-awesome hindi usage at one point. He actually used the word "yadi" in a sentence rather than the commonplace "agar"! I really wonder where he heard that word in the first place. And as for food, we had a quick, tasty and typical dinner - Rajma for Vanki, aaloo for Pachpan and one standard Paneer dish.

Pssst. It's my birthday now :-) . But nobody knows ;-) . I don't want external sources to provide this data, and so am off the social radar. No etrigan, no facebook, and hence, no blog :-p . Lots of calls from outside IIML though. Had a Skype chat with my folks at home. They cut a cake in my name! :-) . No wonder I love technology!

0 comments:

Post a Comment