Day 386: 8th Oct, 2010

In Lucknow, it always rains suddenly in the midst of a bright and hot day, and then the sun comes out smiling again. So, one thing I have always wondered about is why there are no rainbows here. Obviously (like everyone else), I love rainbows and would love to have one popping up on the sky every now and then.

Now with hopes of getting a back-in-proper-condition handset after the third round of repairing, I planned to go to the city in the afternoon. Just as I was about to leave, the dark clouds got some jhatka and it started pouring :-S . As always, it stopped in some 20 minutes and plans were resumed. 

I recorded my slowest ever time navigating the 3.4 road, thanks to all the slush (the road is left dug-up!) and potholes. However, imagine my delight when I suddenly spotted a rainbow in the sky!! Beeee-auuu-tiful! :-)

After very smartly carrying my bag just for the phone and its papers, I realised I had forgotten my Job Sheet, a kind of receipt for collecting back the handset. Now forgetting / losing receipts shouldn't really be a big issue in India. And moreover, I had always had the impression that North Indian people were more bindaas in their outlook towards business. Unfortunately for me, this fellow heading the CARE center was perhaps amongst the most useless of all people there can be. He took photocopy of my identity card and told me to write the time by which I would come the next day! :D .. Ironically, he must have felt like some big Bond person after doing all this show, while everyone else just wondered the depth of his stupidity.

Went to catch a movie after that. Unfortunately had to wait at least for 2 hours for any show! Including all the 3 multiplexes! Such a waste; especially compared to the eternal line of shows in Mumbai! But then, it ain't even a fair comparison :-p . Compensated instead with a dinner at Dasaprakash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment