Day 388: 10th Oct, 2010

As core members of INDEX - the market research committee on campus, our endeavour is to constantly improve the quality and relevance of research and final deliverables that the student teams come up with. To this end, we arranged an interactive session on Market Research by Mr. Rajesh Nair (ex-Director at A C Nielsen and soon to move to BCG as an Expert Consultant). He has previously associated with INDEX as the judge. He gave extremely insightful comments on how to adopt an approach which would be relevant in the industry and would best serve to deliver actionables to address the business objectives of the client.

Post the meeting, we headed off to Chanakya for lunch. It turns out to be my first go at a "formal dinner". Must say, I need to improve on the "small-talk" front :D

Came back and absolutely crashed into my bed. Perhaps it was because of waking up so early, perhaps it was because of the better quality food, I don't know; but, I slept like a dead man for the next 3 hours. Nothing much after that. Just heard a few songs, surfed the net. Such a boring day in fact, that I even had dinner in the mess - Been ages since that happened on a Sunday!

And expectedly, not too sleepy now! Have just been randomly browsing the net. I read that the Nobel Prize had been awarded to the guy who developed the IVF treatment. Tragically, I also came to know the guy who performed the first IVF in India (2nd in the world), committed suicide 3 years after the operation because of the opposition he suffered due to the then social mindset... Really sad. Read a few more random articles about any damn thing under the sun. Even relived a little bit of the random MSN chats that I used to have in engineering. And now it's 4.30 am :-) . I guess now I somehow must tuck myself into my bed, to ensure I wake up for the 8.45 am lecture tomorrow! Bon nuit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment