Day 257: 18th Mar, 2010

How many times do you think to yourself that you must backup your data? And you never do it. And then one fine day your PC stops working and you curse yourself.

Similar thing. Somehow, my appointment with some personal IT issue never ends. It has often been due to my desktop, sometimes due to my phone and these days with my laptop. Yesterday after watching the movie, as I was closing all the folders, suddenly my OS hung and Windows Explorer service stopped working. I wasn't in much mood to explore it so I slept off. Unfortunately the problem continued today as well - so I spent the whole morning and whole afternoon trying to take backups, as I thought I'll have to reinstall the operating system. And since I could not open any folders - I had to share stuff on DC - then run all the way to Praveen's room (wake him up!), and transfer data. And miraculously, after all this running around and effort, my laptop started working fine :| . The good thing is atleast I have substantial backup now!

Went ground hunting in the evening. Some real quick action required there!

Came back to be a part of the game the entire PGP clan was playing - the dry run for the electives allocation. Am choosing a lot of 'nice-sounding' courses as of now. I am still not sure if they are the ones I'll take up after 2 days. Lets see..

0 comments:

Post a Comment