Day 272: 8th Jun, 2010

Yoooooooooooooo!! 

And here I am ! Back to the campus and this blog after a brief hiatus - my internship! I spent the last 2 months in Bombay - had an absolutely wonderful time back there. Got to catch up with quite a lot of friends too. Though not much of anything since my internship itself turned out to be ultra hectic.

Anyways, true to the nature of this blog, I'll come back to my campus narrations. 

One of the primal instincts of the human mind is to compare. And there I was, thinking about how different things were just one year back. I remember being curious and apprehensive. I remember trying to spot for someone heading to IIM L so I could share a cab. I remember the dry hot dust laden winds that slapped my face with tenacious regularity. And today, there were so many familiar faces that we could share not just the taxi fare, but also the extra baggage amongst us! Why, last year, I even remember getting lost at a place that I can surely walk even blindfolded now! And to top it all, I even guided a first year prep course student around the campus :P . Funny sometimes the way events fold up!

Came to my new room. Threw a pretty good first impression space wise (again a huge deviation from last year!). But (there is always a 'but'), unfortunately, the cleaners had all left and my room does not have even a square millimeter of space which is free from dust! Have just dumped my luggage here. Will unpack tomorrow once I get it cleaned.

Also made multiple trips to my old room to collect my stuff. With even more stopovers at Gupta - consuming a huge number of Shikanjis (just remembered I didn't even know what this word meant a year back!). Half my stuff is in my new room now. Got bored. Also went to the INDEX room. Looks like an absolute extension to my own dust covered room!

Even managed to have a small debate with the Airtel guys in the midst of all this. The funny chaps there had, for some reason, still kept my incoming calls barred. (some stolen identity jhol had happened during my internship - never mind that now). The helpline (the number which I got only after 3 attempts) guy initially said he will 'note' my complaint and an airtel executive will contact me in '6 days'! How is that happening at all ?! Made him transfer the call to his supervisor. I explain the situation and the job gets done in 2min !

Had to make arrangements to sleep (my bed was totally dust covered!). The mattress from last year to the rescue. Have put it over my bed right now. Good idea that one.

Anyways, registration tomorrow. And am damn tired and sleepy. Adios ppl. Cya around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment