Day 228: 17th Feb, 2010

I learnt an important lesson in negotiation today. My Dell laptop's battery is horribly messed up, and that too within just 8 months of usage. So I called up their service center and asked if anything could be done about it (obviously I wanted them to replace the battery on their own accord). And they gave the standard reply that battery is a consumable item (i.e. life depends on usage) and it is not covered under warranty. This is when I played my IIM L card and told them how we had gone for a different make of laptops for the bulk deal but I still stuck with Dell. And how it would be an embarrassment for me and the brand if I now end up looking like a fool. And it worked - I was promised a new battery as a sign of goodwill :) Thanks Dell!

This encounter and also my tryst with some INDEX brochure designing attempt ensured I was to stay hungry till around 3 in the afternoon. Went to this place - Manbhavan Dhaba on the highway (take a right from .7 then further ahead around 200-300m on your left) with Saurabh. The best thing about these places are they are pretty economical. A sumptuous lunch for 2 cost us 75/- (including a bottle of bisleri) :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment