Day 213: 2nd Feb, 2010

Marathon in the library. Sat from 3pm to 3am straight. Working first on the MM report - made a mental (?) mind map. ('Coz the actual one is supposed to be drawn on paper :-p) Chucked it midway to start working on the higher priority CFM report.

One would feel in this age of internet, you would find information easily. But yet, when you are looking for specific data, it just does not seem to exist!

Though this has now introduced me to some aspects of IIML infrastructure which I hadn't used before - databases. I have heard seniors/alums say IIML has a great library and I always wondered why. Now slowly I realise that we have access to a lot of proprietary databases providing a lot of data on a lot of issues. After all this description, the anticlimax is that I was still not able to find the marketing data I needed :D . But I tend to feel that it's because I am not very familiar on which databases to use :-p . Saurabh did eventually point out the way to access the stock reports required for CFM.

The special thing about today's project effort was that my group tried to do it collaboratively using Google wave. I found the use interesting though I guess there is ample scope for improvement.

Had an HRM presentation in the morning. I keep landing in situations where there is little time for the second half of members of the group. I have become quite a pro at handling such sitations and skimming through the slides quickly :D. This was followed by the CFM presentations, people are going crazy over this - one team actually turned up in business formals! ( Aman, Yogesh, Soumen!) . Yuck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment