Day 159: 4th Dec, 2009

Random boredom inspired creativity prompted this new idea. Starting today, I will be having a 'Guest Writers' Week'. Basically, a few of my friends will be writing the entries for the blog, describing their day - as just another student at IIM L :)

The inaugural entry is by Shreyas. He sits right next to me. We share a kindred spirit, especially in our nonchalance to academics. Here is what he wrote, reproduced as it is.

--------------------

Let me start by thanking, the electricstorm for giving me the first opportunity for a guest column in his famous blog. Yeah believe me its famous, he has references! Plus you will get to know its popularity when you will read guest columns from exceptional campus personalities in the days to follow.

To keep with the tone of this blog, I will stick to the daily happenings, sharing what transpired and add my take on what all of it meant. So the day was Friday the 4th and it started off in the worst possible way, with Sehwag missing his thrid tripple. Just so you know the tambrahm was hardly bothered. But the day rode on to better things. In the first lecture itself, SS gave me the offer to write this column. Now, these are the kind of things that we do during classes. That is only when the moustache monger doesnt doze. That day was inclined towards brainstorming on the ideal genetic qualities that the tamil manus' better half should have. Now i think its a bit personal to him for me to share what he thought were the desired attributes, although i know all the galz out there must be dying to know. But broadly they included a complementary set to his attributes, so basically fairness and intelligence are a given :P.

As the day wore on, 99 and me parted ways after lunch to get to our own things. Now that Index is over he is by and large free (please don't judge me for making a politically incorrect statement here :P). I on the other hand did my regular stuff, which is not relevant here. 101 had a b-plan competition for which he had to leave mid way through a class after completing that presentation. This guy is really cut out to be self made, and even though he might have been second in the competition, he is going to be first one day and make it count. There is ofcourse an ongoing competition between Soumen Abhiyaan Das and Shindex on who is more free each day. I think it will go on for a while :P

So cut to the evening, as the fellowship of the ring went to watch the movie, but we did not bring SK and Sud along, because some people have some problems with some people. We went to Mint, had good chicken and then watched the movie of our times - Paa. Now needless to say that AB is the master and all these tatpunjia's such as Shahrukh khan and aamir khan are not even as good as his crap. But the movie takes you with it, you feel like you are practically in the actual setting. The dialogues are crisp, the script is discrete and the fun is amazing. And its not just an AB devotee like me who is saying this, even Americanised dehateez like Maanas loved the movie. That says quite a bit.

So that was 4th Dec for you, another day in the life of I-am-still considering-Fin Kumar. Its actually wonderful that he has maintained this blog on the money. Since I sit right next to him, I practically share half the day with him. So even if I have to look back at these memories in the years to come, I can count on this account. I hope Shivku takes it to the end and hopefully he will invite me again to write for his blog.

Adios everyone,
and thanks Shiv(a)kumar

Shreyas

--------------------

Thanks Shreyas :) Good one! Just an additional note to remember the small bit where Besgi and Souvick were competing :D. And Souvick won hands down ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment