Day 463:30th Dec, 2010 - Load them HDDs!

It is that time of the year when PGP2s suddenly start realizing the one thing they will really miss post campus - DC++ ! Indeed, we would not have count of the number of times when this little piece of software comes handy when one is looking for - anything! Be it movies, sitcoms, academic material (The 'catchXX' tradition!) and well .. other stuff too :-p . DC++ has helped make heroes, the ones who are always there online, taking the load of most sharing (almost like the 80:20 rule), our hero being abracadabra. And to ensure I don't miss any of the treasure behind, I had purchased two 1-terabyte HDDs. In my super zeal to fill it up, a couple of days back, I randomly selected a user and endlessly added tonnes of stuff to download. And then realized I got some really bad speed from that user. And since I had added so much stuff to download, my DC would hang every time I clicked on the 'download queue'. Finally, 2 days and some 35 odd GB of download later, some stability has come back to my DC. All I can say is - let the party begin!

Speaking of parties, I had one for Sud's birthday - so 6 of us (Sud, Ghate, Justice, AdiJ, Bugger and me) went for dinner to Cellar. Some good food and lots of cheese. 

Had a sudden and unplanned but super splendid night out with Shanky and Chatur! One of my best ones. Two movies - Ip Man 1 and 2 and one ultra-hilarious music video :D . Just awesome. And then came back to my room to even finish off Notting Hill. That's one more movie than one can watch often :) . Not too sleepy even now, but I think it's a good decision to end the day on this nice note :) [at 5.30 am :D]

0 comments:

Post a Comment